Bookkeeping Matters, Inc.
A visibly better way to manage your business!
About Bookkeeping Matters, Inc.
Bookkeeping Matters, Inc. (BMI) was launched by Jennifer Rodriguez with the goal of helping small business owners gain visibility into their financial position by providing professional grade bookkeeping and QuickBooks consulting services.
The BMI team provides hands on service, working to understand your business so we can recommend the appropriate solutions, as well as educating you along the way.
As a small business owner herself, Jennifer is able to relate to the unique challenges that small businesses face, providing you with a proven resource to help manage your bottom line. She also understands that you’ve got a lot going on, so providing service when and how you need it is always a priority. Whether you prefer remote assistance, or you need to have BMI’s expertise on site, you have the flexibility to request service in the way that will be best for your situation.
Jennifer earned her Bachelor of Arts in Business and Communication in 2005 and began her career with a small accounting firm where she quickly gained experience and took on increasing responsibilities. With a true passion for finance and numbers, Jennifer went back to school to earn her Certificate in Bookkeeping and began tackling more challenging accounting projects.
QuickBooks ProAdvisor, Bookkeeping Matters, Inc. offers a full range of bookkeeper and accounting related services, including:
- Flat-Rate Bookkeeping,
- Quick Books Training, and
- QuickBooks Consulting.
Bookkeeping Matters has delivered outstanding results for clients in a variety of industries. Here are a just a few types of businesses we’ve worked with:
- Business Consultants
- CPA and Tax Preparers
- Design & Graphic Arts
- Construction & Building Trades
- Service Providers
- …and many more.
Eager to work more directly with small business owners, Jennifer switched gears and joined a professional QuickBooks consulting and outsourced bookkeeping firm. This provided valuable experience in a variety of industries – landscaping, homebuilding, law firms, auto body shops, construction, demolition, public relations, online retailers, massage therapists, web designers, etc. – and provided the opportunity to learn how to customize and adapt QuickBooks for nearly any situation.
Over the course of the next two years, Jennifer’s knowledge and expertise grew exponentially as she learned to work with clients, diagnose their bookkeeping weaknesses, and to design strategies and systems that delivered better accounting information for less time and effort.
In 2007 Jennifer founded Bookkeeping Matters Inc., and made it her mission to coach small business owners on how to use QuickBooks and bookkeeping as their secret weapon for business growth and profitability. Her greatest thrill and triumph comes from helping clients abolish inefficient bookkeeping procedures and establish systems and strategies that provide valuable accounting information while also keeping QuickBooks running smoothly with minimal time and effort.
Certifications and Credentials
- QuickBooks 2020 Certified ProAdvisor
- QuickBooks 2019 Certified ProAdvisor
- QuickBooks 2018 Certified ProAdvisor
- QuickBooks 2017 Certified ProAdvisor
- QuickBooks 2016 Certified ProAdvisor
- QuickBooks 2015 Certified ProAdvisor
- QuickBooks 2014 Certified ProAdvisor
- QuickBooks Online Certified ProAdvisor
- QuickBooks Enterprise Certified ProAdvisor
- QuickBooks Advanced Certified ProAdvisor
- QuickBooks 2013 Certified ProAdvisor
- QuickBooks 2012 Certified ProAdvisor
- QuickBooks 2011 Certified ProAdvisor
- QuickBooks 2010 Certified ProAdvisor
- QuickBooks 2009 Certified ProAdvisor
- QuickBooks 2008 Certified ProAdvisor
- QuickBooks 2007 Certified ProAdvisor
- Bookkeeping Certificate – Elliott’s Bookkeeping School
- Member of the American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers